MARCH/APRIL 2013 >>
iLove* is a blog for people that have heart beats for good music. You will read news and hear tracks from genres such as jazz, soul, hip-hop, downtempo, electronic, reggae, afro beat, and soulful house.
Stay updated on new iLove*music posts - "Like" heyLove* on FB or twitter heylove*@djheylove
* NEW TRACK: MOKO (dope music) >>
* iLOVE TREASURE :: KAYTRANADA for SSENSE (music guru :: mixtape) >>
iLove* fell on this mix by KAYTRANADA for SSENSE designer clothing boutique in Montreal, which has put out a number of dope mixes by some of the most respected dj's and producers. A few tracks iLove* digs...
#3) "Muney (Gimme Dat)" ft. Arnold - Mr. Carmack
#5) "Motions" - Lakim
#9) "Return2da4thChamber" - DOM$OLO
#13) Untitled - Mr.Mockwell
let us know what your favorite tracks are >> press play>>
* NEW VIDEO: Coultrain as Seymour Liberty in "Between" (FRSH SLCTS film)
Directed by Knnth Ellbrgr for FRSH SLCTS - http://freshselects.net
Director Of Photography/Editor: Noah Porter
Written by Aaron M. Frison
Narrated by Coultrain
Music composed by Ben Lamar
Seymour Liberty In "Between"
Coming off his work with Black Spade on the outstanding Hawthorne Headhunters LP,Myriad of Now, Coultrain the solo artist made his return a few weeks ago with his single“Streams & Rivers.” The track will appear on his upcoming Plug Research LP, Jungle Mumbo Jumbo. Now that we’ve had a preview of the sounds of the album, Coultrain gets on some visual ish with this short film, Between. This short art piece/album trailer is a summation of Coultrain’s ‘Seymour Liberty’ story to date ( get the music here), and a preview of what’s to come with the next chapter. Says Coultrain of the piece: “Dedicated to all the cats who left home to become lions, & all the 1′s who got away, only to become 7 at a time.” Video directed by the homie Knnth Ellbrgr for FRSH SLCTS. Jungle Mumbo Jumbo will be out April 23rd. - OkayPlayer
* NEW MIX BY: DJ heyLove* >>
(1) "It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World" - James Brown
(2) "Man's World" - J Dilla
(3) "Sun Ba" - fLakO
(4) "Goldie Goldie, the Return" - Khryo
(5) "Differ.e.n.t." - Amp Live
(6) "Like That" ft. Cee-Lo, John Legend, Talib Kweli & Q-Tip - will.i.am
(7) "Settle Down" (Major Lazer Remix) - No Doubt
(8) "Akura Uprock" feat. Greg Blackman - DJ Vadim
(9) "Aurora" - Cashmere Cat
(10) "Out of Control" (Alle Farben) - K-Paul
(11) "Blazin' "ft. Lady Leshurr (Extended Club Mix) - Torqux
(12) "Angolano Kikola" - Renato Xtrova
(13) "San Borondon" (Canary Mix 2012) - Pablo Fierro
(14) "My Name Is" (Black Motion Ritual Mix) - DJ Zinhle
(15) "Toca Flute" - Carlos Barbosa, Blasterjaxx
(16) "Rootz" - Daniel Klauser
(17) "Riding On Love" (Renato Xtrova Remix) - Carlos Silva
(18) "Shine" (KiNK Remix) - Aki Bergen, Astral T
(20) "The Recipe" (Trapback Remix) - Kendrick Lamar
(21) "The Recipe" ft. Dr. Dre - Kendrick Lamar
(22) "Love Is Like" (Jaw Jam Bootleg) - Mya
(23) "Crush On You" (DJ Tiga bootleg) - Lil' Kim
" . . .the music made me do it. . ."
a soulful still ray of left-field sounds
keeping you warm with cool deep rhythms
featuring James Brown/J Dilla/fLakO
Amp Live/Q-Tip/Major Lazer/DJ Vadim
Cashmere Cat/Renato Xtrova/Kendrick Lamar
soul/good hip hop/electronic/house/brokenbeat/afrobeat
and another one from my spaceship>>
To stay updated on new music selected by heyLove*
"Like" heyLove* on FaceBook or
Follow heyLove*@djheylove on twitter
A LIL' MORE ABOUT THE MUSIC*
click images if you want more. . .
* NEW MONTHLY SHIN-DIG: the"B"-SESSIONS (w/LIVE upRight bassist David Arend & dj heyLove*) >>
Every 3rd Saturday*starting April 20th | @Disco Volante 347 14th St. Downtown Oakland | 9:30pm-1am | $5 Cover
"B" STANDS 4 BASS & BEATS
> upRight*Bassist >
---- & ----
< downRight*Digital <
Creating an atmosphere for music heads and dancers to vibe & groove to LIVE upRight BASS with deep, soulful, left field sounds on the 1's & 2's.
Sporadically the"B"-SesSioNs will feature a guest artist to spice things up a lil' by adding an instrument such as the drums, piano, or saxophone to the already eclectic bassist/dj duo.
join us @ the"B"-SessioNs
4 Cuisine, vibe music, and Groovin'
For More Event Details:
* FEATURE ARTIST: MR. CARMACK (Beats/Experimental/Instrumentals) >>
On heavy rotation here at iLove* is mastermind producer. . .
From Honolulu, Hawaii Aaron Carmack has been creating a buzz with his head bobbing, lip curling, shoulder rolling music since 2011. Clearly inspired by multiple genres such as soul, hip-hop, jazz, & trap - Mr. Carmack delivers a variety of electronic beats that will make you do things you didn't think you would do. Press Play>>
For more MR. CARMACK & to purchase albums visit:
* ALBUM COVER LOVE. . .
Every month iLove features album cover art from the past & present to appreciate how art and music go hand in hand.
Released: June 30, 1992
Recorded: January 19, 1991 - February 1991
Label: Warner Bros.
Producer: Easy Mo Bee
Doo-Bop was jazz musician Miles Davis' final studio album, which would have marked the beginning of the artist's turn to hip-hop-oriented tracks. However, Davis died on September 28, 1991, at which time only six pieces for the album had been completed. To finish off the album, producer Easy Mo Bee was asked to take some of the unreleased trumpet performances (stemming from what Davis called the RubberBand Session), and build tracks that Miles 'would have loved' around the recordings. The album's posthumous tracks (as stated in the liner notes) are "High Speed Chase" and "Fantasy". A reprise of the song "Mystery" rounded out the album's nine-track length.
The project stemmed from Davis sitting in his New York apartment in the summer with the windows open, listening to the sound of the streets. He wanted to record an album of music that captured these sounds. In early 1991, Davis called up his friend Russell Simmons and asked him to find some young producers who could help create this kind of music, leading to Davis' collaboration with Easy Mo Bee, his last, the result of which, Doo-Bop, was released by Warner Bros. Records on June 30, 1992, to mixed reviews. The album won the 1993 Grammy Award for Best R&B Instrumental Performance. (Wikipedia)