FEBRUARY/MARCH 2013 >>
iLove* is a blog for people that have heart beats for good music. You will read news and hear tracks from genres such as jazz, soul, hip-hop, downtempo, electronic, reggae, afro beat, and soulful house.
Stay updated on new iLove*music posts - "Like" heyLove* on FB or twitter heylove*@djheylove
* NEW TRACK: CAT POWER ft. ANGEL HAZE | Ryan Hemsworth Remix (dope music) >>
* iLOVE TREASURE :: LeFtO (music guru :: cloudcast radio shows) >>
All the way from Belgium, musical tastemaker LeFtO affiliated with labels such as Brownswood, Blue Note, !K7, Stones Throw, & Jazzy Sport continues to throw down refreshing mixes that open you to a variety of genres. If you get a chance to see him LIVE LeFtO can shake the dance floor to pieces. iLove wanted to share this one out of our treasure chest. (Special thanks to RSVP Event Photography - this photo is sick)
For more LeFtO visit: www.mixcloud.com/LeFtOoO/
iLove* follows LeFtO cloud casts religiously. Opening the world to music in various genres makes his shows somewhat addicting to the ear. A few of iLove* favorites from LeFtO's Show #531:
#3) "Black Narcissus" (Cinematic Orchestra Remix) - Heidi Vogel
#10) "Such A Square" - Flying Lotus
#17) "Call2Call" - Renaissance Man
#22) "Breezeblocks" (Romare Remix) - Alt J
let us know what your favorite tracks are >> press play>>
* NEW MUSIC VIDEO: Lion Babe "Treat Me Like Fire" (soul/pop/psychedelia/indie rock)
We found her on one of LeFtO's cloudcasts -- very underground at this moment and curious to see more from Lion Babe. Best described by livincool.com as "a nice smooth infusion of pop, psychedelia, indie rock, and R&B" Lion Babe's steeze is fully felt by iLove*.
"Treat Me Like Fire" hits you with a soul clap that makes you two step your blues away with a smile...press play>>
New York based duo Lion Babe dropped their debut single at the start of December 2012 with a slinky video. The video, directed by Lucas McGowen, points not only to Lion Babe’s musical talent, but to the star potential of the stunning front girl, Jillian. Armed with a blonde mane, in gold body paint and a mesh leotard, she will steal your heart one carnal gyration at a time. - livencool.com
For more Lion Babe:
* NEW MIX BY: DJ heyLove* >>
" . . .the music made me do it. . ."
<<<<< staY CooL* >>>>
okay musicHeads this one starts off on a chiLL spaceship
ride then takes you to the sun where the heat is
so staY CooL in the sunshine
featuring Robert Glasper/Hot 8 Brass Band/
the Roots/Jay-z/Nightmares on Wax/
Mr. Carmack/Fela Kuti/theWeeknd
jazz/soul/good hip hop/electronic/house/afrobeat
(1) "Fade" - Sarah White
(2) "Dillalude #2" - Robert Glasper
(3) "Treat Me Like Fire" - Lion Babe
(4) "Stronger Than Me" (Alby Daniels Remix) - Amy Winehouse
(5) "We Are The One" (Natural Self Remix) - Hot 8 Brass Band
(6) "Stay Cool" - The Roots
(7) "Make It Do What It Do" (Mousse T.'s Radio Mix) - Warren G
(8) "Moombah Tie" (JBoogie Edit) - Justin Timberlake
(9) "Gypsy Cab" ft. Carmen Estevez (Sujinho Moombahton Mix) -
(10) "African Pirates" (TroubleMan Remix) - Nightmares on Wax
(11) "Voodoo Drums" - Marldexx
(12) "Dime Lo Ke" - Georgio Star, Fat & Funky
(13) "Os Banfumos ft. Dj Vado Poster" - Boma MotO
(14) "Balada Village Feat Sindy" (Gregor Salto) - D-Rashid, Andrei Russo
(15) "Shuffa" (Beatsy Collins Re edit) - Fela Kuti
(16) "Work" - Uhuru
(17) "Gimme Sum" - Chocolate Pume & Gregor Salto
(18) "Run Your Mouth" ft. Rtkal, Lady Leshurr, Foreign Beggars - Noisses
(19) "Pay For What" - Mr. Carmack
(20) "High For This (The Weeknd Cover)" - Ellie Goulding
* dj heyLove: SPINNING FOR ROBERT GLASPER EXPERIMENT :: GRAMMY WINNER (LIVE SHOW) >>
ROBERT GLASPER EXPERIMENT
@THE NEW PARISH
579 18th St. Downtown Oakland
Thursday 03/07 w/Jazz Mafia's "Adam Theis & The Last Band"
Friday 03/08 w/Kev Choice Ensemble
Door: 8pm/Show: 9pm
Tickets & More Info:
"...Robert Glasper is already impressive - a gifted jazz musician with a brilliant, energetic technique and a fresh, mesmerizing sense of melody and composition."
- Baltimore Sun
“Real music is crash protected,” state the liner notes of Black Radio, a future landmark album by the Robert Glasper Experiment that boldly stakes out new musical territory and transcends any notion of genre, drawing from jazz, hip-hop, R&B and rock, but refusing to be pinned down by any one tag.... read more
* FEATURE ARTIST: ESTA (Beats/Experimental/Instrumentals) >>
On heavy rotation here at iLove* is mastermind producer ESTA.
We had the pleasure of finding fellow Cali based artist ESTA on SoundCloud and clicked follow with the quickness. He drops beat after beat after beat...definitely passionate about his craft. But don't believe the hype check out his beats..it's hard to pick a favorite =)
:: this one is so so def:: press play >>
For more ESTA & to purchase albums visit:
* ALBUM COVER LOVE. . .
Every month iLove features album cover art from the past & present to appreciate how art and music go hand in hand.
A Tribe Called Quests classic album The Low End Theory was released in 1991. This one is nostalgic to iLove* as the artwork stands out in the category of early 90's hip-hop. The sihlouette almost looks 3D which stood out in a collection of album covers and fits the innovative fusion of hip hop melodies mixed with chilled out jazzy vibes.
Writer Oliver Wang called the album "a consummate link between generations", which took the essence of jazz and hip hop, and "showing they originated from the same black center."The group's "mellow innovations" helped jazz rap gain significant exposure from 1992 to 1993. Rolling Stone ranked the album at number 154 in "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time", stating that "people connected the dots between hip-hop and jazz." (Wikipedia)
RIghts to the artwork belong to Jive Records and there are no names to the direct artists or graphic artist.
Purchase the Low End Theory: Amazon