AUGUST 2013 >>
iLove* is a blog for people that have heart beats for good music. You will read news and hear tracks from genres such as jazz, soul, hip-hop, downtempo, electronic, reggae, afro beat, and soulful house.
Stay updated on new iLove*music posts - "Like" heyLove* on FB or twitter heylove*@djheylove
* NEW VIDEO: COSTELLO x theLEGENDARY ROOTS CREW (dope music) >>
* FEATURE ARTIST: FULL CRATE (PRODUCER) >>
Born in Brooklyn NY, producer, GiKU is making souls bounce & bodies groove to deep, deep, sensual sounds dedicated to "soulfully afro cinematic music & other genres of experimental urban soul". iLove* connected with the GiKU Experience on Mixcloud and has been following his Cloudcasts like clockwork. Don't sleep, IF YOUR HEART BEATS 4 GOOD MUSIC - GiKU's debut EP "Dancer In Me" is now available...
* KEEP YOUR EYE ON: SANGO (producer/remixer/music guru)
iLove* has been following monster producer SANGO since his first album dropped in 2010. SANGO's beats create melodic atmospheres whether they are downtempo or bass heavy these tracks will surely make your head bob and soul move...but if you think we're exaggerating...press play>> & let us know how you feel...♥
SANGO's new album "North" releases July 23rd>> www.sango.bandcamp.com
* NEW MIX BY: DJ heyLove* >>
>> LiQuiD*LovE ♥
quench your thirst for music
that beats with the heart...
...ladies and gentleman
take a sip of "liquid love"...
FeaturinG ♥ >>>
MIGUEL || TALIB KWELI || ESTA || SAMPHA
TA-KU || PHARRELL || RENATO X ||J DILLA
DJ VADIM || LAKIM || FOREIGN BEGGARS
soul/good hip hop/electronic/house/brokenbeat/afrobeat
To stay updated on new music selected by heyLove*
"Like" heyLove* on FaceBook or
Follow heyLove*@djheylove on twitter
" . . .the music made me do it. . ."
(1) "St. Etienne" - Bloomfield
(2) "Strawberry Bubblegum" - Justin Timberlake
(3) "Come Here" ft. Miguel - Talib Kweli
(4) "Rock With U" - ESTA
(5) "Without" - Sampha
(6) "Sense Of Self" (Ta-ku Remix) - City Calm Down
(7) "Deer In the Headlights" - Chelonis R. Jones
(8) "Blurred Lines" ft. T.I. & Pharrell - Robin Thicke
(9) "Twisted" ft. Pharrell - Usher
(10) "Your Failure's Gone To Your Head" - Nirobi
(11) "L'Afrique" ft. Papa Ghana - Full Crate
(12) "Zekele" ft. Bebucho Q Kuia - Dj H Fashion
(13) "Where Do We Go From Here" ft. Lumka - Thabzen Dj Bibo
(14) "Blizzard" - Moontalka
(15) "Facam Barulho" (DJ Malvado & Renato X Remix)
- Groove Addiction, Retrace
(16) "Push" - MED & J Dilla
(17) "Money In The Bank" - Swizz Beatz
(18) "Bally Umar" - DJ Vadim
(19) "So Derobe" - Joy Orbison
(20) "Long Live A$AP" (LAKIM Refix) - A$AP Rocky
(21) "Working Angles" - Foreign Beggars
(22) "SGstep" - Kidkanevil & Daisuke Tanabe
A LIL' MORE ABOUT THE MUSIC*
click images if you want more. . .
* UPCOMING GIGS. . .
DJ heyLOVE* @WISH SF with DJ REMY JAY (4 the love of soulful house music) >>
For more event details & Free mp3 Download of dj heyLove*s Soulful House VibeMix visit >> www.djheylove.com/dj-heylove-wishsf
* iLOVE TREASURE :: DIFFERENT SLEEP for SSENSE clothing (mixtape) >>
This month iLove* has been smooth chilling to SSENSE's mixtape by DIFFERENT SLEEP. It contains eclectic selections with mass appeal as well as addictive left-field tracks -- we suggest you...press play>>
* ALBUM COVER LOVE. . .
Every month iLove features album cover art from the past & present to appreciate how art and music go hand in hand.
Watch Video of Santana LIVE @ Woodstock 1969 vist: www.youtube.com
Santana is the debut studio album by the San Francisco chicano rock group Santana released in 1969. It is a release of largely instrumental music, recorded by what was originally a purely free-form jam band. At the suggestion of manager Bill Graham, the band took to writing more conventional songs for more impact, but managed to retain the essence of improvisation in the music.
The album was destined to be a major release, given a headstart by the band's seminal performance at theWoodstock Festival earlier that August. Although "Jingo" failed to create much interest when released as a single, "Evil Ways", the second single taken from the album, was a U.S. Top 10 hit. The album peaked at #4 on the Billboard 200 pop album chart.
In 2003, the album was ranked number 149 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. (Wikipedia)